Tuesday, August 23, 2011

In the Thick of It

School officially started this week, and I have begun my new position! I walk around ALL day with a clip board and record behavior information about the students I am assigned to, work with the kids on redirection so that they can be in the mainstream classroom, and plan social skills and behavior lessons. It is A LOT of data collection, and a lot of exercise -- definitely need to get a pedometer! Luckily I have the greatest paraprofessional that works with me -- Miss Claudia, and she helps me out with everything. She is so sweet, and so willing to help with anything!


I am loving this school year so far, am just totally exhausted at day's end! My house is totally out.of.control. and is in desperate need of a thorough cleaning, like right now. I had been getting better at being an every night 20 minute cleaner, but, I am slipping into the weekend 2 hour mega cleaning. This is not a good thing, and surely Tate is not a fan of the to-do list that is ever-growing on our fridge.



On another note -- Tate and I went to the Giants vs. Astros game here in Houston on Saturday night. Sadly, the Giants lost (boo) but, they did mount a comeback, and went on to win on Sunday (yay, Giants!!) We had a great time, and a fun little date night supporting my "hometown(just down the road)" team. Plus, we got to wear our Giants shirts that I got the last time I was in CA. We sat about 4 rows behind the Giants dugout, so we had great seats -- thanks to my wonderful aunt Krissy who wanted us to have a little date night before I went back to school.


Anyway, I suppose I will do a quick clean-up before Tate gets home, take the dog out, and get ready for tonight's episode of Pretty Little Liars -- yes, I am almost 27 years old and ob-sessed, thank you very much.

Today's funny:
I got a text from one of my co-workers "You are a newlywed -- do you have STD"...I was like, what.the.heck. #1 No, no STDs, #2 What are you asking me this for?! So, naturally, I responded with the universal "WTF?!?!" A few seconds later she called me laughing hysterically -- she was asking about short-term disability (ie. maternity leave insurance, basically)-- definitely not a sexually transmitted disease!

**Also, I have some serious separation anxiety in reference to my old blog, so, if you know a blog designer who is relatively inexpensive and wont take 6 weeks to design my blog, please let me know!**

No comments:

Post a Comment